Ticket #377 (closed Defect: fixed)

Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

importing new series does not work

Reported by: phade Owned by:
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: Metadata - TV Show Version: 1.0b7.8.1
Keywords: Cc:

Description

importing a new series not not work anymore. this is no problem of wrong named files, the importer does ask for the right one and the right one is selected, but it does not show up in the "TV Shows" menu ...

Attachments

sapphire screen shot.tiff Download (194.3 KB) - added by edalzell 4 years ago.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by gbooker

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to invalid

Failed to follow BugReporting instructions.

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by phade

again, this is no crash and there is no console output, neither from frontrow nor from sapphire. The importer is asking for the right series, but its not listed after import under "TV Shows".

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by gbooker

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution invalid deleted
  • Milestone set to Awaiting User Feedback

I've added information to BugReporting about reporting failed imports. Please follow that. Also note: your version indicates 1.0b7.8.1, which has known issues with importing TV Shows which have been fixed in the latest version. Please try with 1.0b8.0.3.

comment:4 follow-up: ↓ 5 Changed 4 years ago by edalzell

I am seeing this problem as well. I had the upgrading bug so I removed all metadata (sorry. I could probably get it back via Time Machine if it is crucial). Sapphire went through all my shows and prompted me for the correct shows. But only one show (Toopy & Binoo (if you can believe it) made it into the TV Shows menu. So I went in via Sapphire and removed all TV metadata and reran the importer and now it is hung on 'Finished Processing: 155/166. I was not prompted for any shows this time.

Please let me know what logging/debug information you require and I will provide.

Thanks

comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 Changed 4 years ago by gbooker

Replying to edalzell:

Please let me know what logging/debug information you require and I will provide.

BugReporting has been mentioned twice already.

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by wrench

The same is happening to me on b8.0.4.

Changed 4 years ago by edalzell

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by edalzell

Include the exact file name of the file which is failing.

I attached a screen shot of most of the failing shows.

If this is a TV show, state whether this is part of a series to which other files have been successfully imported

Most of them had been imported before, but as I had to remove all the metadata (upgrading bug) I was prompted for all their information at import.

Include whether you were asked for information, and if possible which selections you made.

I was asked for information for most of them and I chose the correct show (though the default was usually correct)

If any XML files are used for this file, include it.

There were no XML files used.

Additionally, like I mentioned, as the import didn't work, I went in and 'Cleared the TV metadata'. Now I can't import any of them and I do not get prompted for any information.

comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by gbooker

  • Milestone Awaiting User Feedback deleted

For the following to take place, run the "Update Scrapers" in Sapphire's settings.

comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by gbooker

  • Status changed from reopened to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

(In [1300]) Corrected for change in TVRage's format. Fixes #377

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by edalzell

Thanks a ton for getting this fix out!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.