||Sapphire Browser Feed your addiction – Your AppleTV & Mac just got better.|
Sapphire Browser Beta 5 Release NotesPosted on January 25th, 2008 No comments
- Thanks to Coldy, we have retired the hideous “S” for a more appealing icon.
- Sapphire will display the correct metadata when the view is toggled.
- Sapphire will now attempt to remember which item was selected when toggling between views.
- Mark menu will now show the name of the item being marked.
- XML file data can now override filename’s values when searching for a TV ep. This fixes ticket #8.
- Sapphire now accounts for two TV episodes in one file. See ticket #14.
- Import tools in FrontRow now have a more visible “button” to start them.
- Clearing metadata for directories should work a little better.
- Individual directories can now be “Marked to Skip” effectively telling Sapphire to skip them for importing. This Fixes ticket #15 & ticket #76. We’d appreciate feedback on this feature.
- Arbitrary (physical) directories can now be marked as collections.
- Fixed a typo in the TV Show importer – it’s text now on topic.
- Optimized several mechanisms dealing with Virtual Directories.
- For consistency, Sapphire will now revert AC-3 Passthrough to whatever setting it was before it played an AC-3 encoded file.
- Updated the methods Sapphire uses to detect mounted drives. This should result in more accurate results.
- Sapphire’s translation lists have been stripped of path extensions. This will come in handy later.
- Cleaned up the deallocation of metadata. It’s good to be tidy.
- Plugged some (small & large) memory leaks that could bog down the UI when left running for extended amounts of time.
- Sapphire now supports the Video_TS (DVD) format. Directories containing a VIDEO_TS will now be recognized as a file instead of a directory. This feature is not supported for the ATV.
- DVDs mounted directly (such as a mounted optical drive) will be playable from the main menu.
- Fixed an error that was causing Sapphire to crash when loading metadata. This fixes ticket #47.
- Sapphire is now capable of importing files in the background.